WHY EMPOWERING OUR CHILDREN IS IMPORTANT
It doesn’t matter if you’re a parent or if you work with children, we all want what’s best for our children. We want nothing more than to see them flourish and reach their full potential throughout their lives. There are many different factors that should be considered in a child’s life, but today we will talk about one very important element: EMPOWERMENT.
First, what is empowerment?
Empowerment is defined as “the process of becoming stronger and more confident, especially in controlling one’s life and claiming one’s rights”. In order to empower our children we need to guide them to feel valued, feel capable and that they can decide their own lives and futures. Ultimately, what we want is for young children to make informed choices for themselves and identify and take responsibility for the consequences of their actions.
Why we should empower our children:
- By empowering our children, we are allowing them to have a say in their lives and make choices that affect them, which helps them become independent.
- Empowering children will help grow confidence and self-esteem. This will help children feel happy, confident and comfortable with who they are, as well as try new things. Because of this, they are more likely to manage their own behavior.
- A confident and independent child will make them better learners and give them the best chance at shaping a great future for themselves.
- Empowerment is a key factor in building resiliency, which will help a child bounce back from whatever life throws at them.
- When a child understands that they have the power to be their own creator, they will develop a level of self-respect. Self-respect than enables children to better respect and value the others around them.
Here at SmartOne Life, we want to help empower every child at every school. When making a purchase on our website, you can directly help out a school of your choosing by having the choice to donate 20% of your purchase or a pairs of socks. By helping fund these schools, we are promoting empowerment through our teachers and giving every school the funding they need to succeed. Donate today and be a SMARTONE!